It’s Fall Ya’ll!
Some could argue that fall is the best time of year in North Carolina. Hurricane season is coming to an end, the leaves are changing, and the weather is finally comfortable after a hot and sticky summer. Check out all the activities going on in the Craven and Carteret areas below!
- Mumfest – October 11th-13th
- You can’t miss New Bern’s award-winning Annual Mumfest! With so many activities you are sure to find fun for the kids, music, exhibitors, and great food for everyone in your party Friday through Sunday. You will find street performers, acrobats, amusement park rides, helicopter and model train displays, and the Miller Lite Beer Garden with live music all weekend long. All located in historic downtown New Bern along the water. Make sure you snag some tickets for the Kick-off Concert on Friday night featuring FILMORE, Mitchell Tenpenny, and country music’s Granger Smith!
- Fall Garden Lover’s Weekend at Tryon Palace – Ocober 11th-13th
- While you are downtown, make sure you walk over to Tryon Palace to tour the gardens. The gardens will be open for free Friday through Sunday. The 16 acre gardens are already a sight to see, but take advantage of the open gates to check out the beautiful displays of mums and fall blooming plants. Gardens are open 9am – 6pm Friday and Saturday, and 12pm – 6pm on Sunday. While you are there, be sure to check out the Fall Heritage Plant Sale and take home some plants for your own garden.
- Olde Beaufort Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday Morning
- Join the Olde Beaufort Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings for various themed days through the Fall. Be sure to check it out during the fall, as the market will close in mid-November for the winter and re-open in the Spring! The market opens from 8:30am to 1:00pm under the giant live oaks in front of the courthouse in downtown Beaufort. Bring your dogs and family to enjoy the fresh fall veggies, homegrown meats, and homemade breads and desserts, as well as handmade craftwork from various local vendors.
- 29th Annual Ghostwalk – October 24th-26th
- Visit 13 of New Bern’s historic downtown locations featuring spirits from the past! This year’s theme is “Spirited Skirt and the Shadows They Cast” to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage. Proceeds go to support the New Bern Historical Society. The Ghostwalk is a self-guided tour through 13 ghost sites including homes, theaters, and Cedar Grove Cemetery. Enjoy the “ghostly” actors who share their “spirited” stories in the very location that their characters lived and visited. Your ticket is good for all three nights, so start on Thursday with the first 4 open sites and continue on Friday and Saturday with the rest!
- All Hallow’s Eve – October 26th
- Designed for ages 12 and under, join the Tryon Palace in their gardens for crafts, games, and candy. While wandering the haunted grounds you’ll encounter friendly witches and ghosts and maybe even the Headless Horseman in search of Ichabod Crane! Join anytime from 10am to 2pm on Saturday and let the kids enjoy a Haunted Tryon experience!
- Fishstrong Fright Nights Haunted Hayride – Friday & Saturday Nights
- For the month of October The Fishstrong Foundation is hosting their 7th Annual Fright Nights Haunted Hayride in Hubert, NC on Friday and Saturday nights from 6pm to 10:30pm. Every year brings a new theme, scares and attractions! In addition you will find a concession stand, carnival games, and a pumpkin patch. All proceeds will go to the Fishstrong Foundation to help North Carolina families that are dealing with life altering illness. This event is never one to miss.
- Bacon and Brew Festival – November 8th
- The United Way of Coastal Carolina is bringing back the 5th annual Bacon and Brew Festival to New Bern. With tons of craft beer selections, food trucks with bacon-themed menus, desserts galore, games, music from rock bands Due East and Saltwater God, and professional wrestling from Premier Wrestling Federation, you have to come out and enjoy the fun! Proceeds benefit United Way of Coastal Carolina. Tickets are available in advance or at the door.
- Beaufort Bridge Run – November 2nd
- The Beaufort Lions Clubs is hosting the 1st Annual Beaufort Bridge Run 5k Race and 1 Mile Dog Strut. The course will go over the brand new high-rise Gallants Channel Bridge as well as the new and improved Turner Street Bridge. After the race, come celebrate at Brackstreet Pub where runners will can grab a drink, mingle and receive their awards!
- Morehead City Veteran’s Day Parade – November 9th
- The Carteret County Veterans Council will be hosting the 2019 Veterans Day Parade in downtown Morehead City. The parade starts at 11am on 17th Street and will proceed down Arendell Street to 5th Street. Judging will be located at the Train Depot, so submit you float or come out and cheer them on!
- Beaufort Historic Association’s Community Thanksgiving Feast – November 24th
- Join the Beaufort Historic Site for a traditional turkey dinner provided by Scarborough Fare Catering. Eat under the tent or take your meal home to enjoy. There will be Turkey, graving, dressing, ham, cranberry relish, cornbread, potatoes, green bean casserole, succotash, seafood gumbo, collards, chili, clam chowder, ice cream, and assorted pies! Meals are $25 and all proceeds will go to the Beaufort Historical Association. Sounds like a deal for Turkey day!
- Turkey Trot – November 28th
- Twin Rivers YMCA is hosting the 12th Annual Turkey Trot 5K and 10K at the Taberna Golf and Country Club in New Bern. The 5k route is perfect for families, strollers and dogs and will be open to timed and untimed runners and walkers. The 10k is a timed event for competitive runners, so lace up and come out to show what you’ve got!
If you are looking for a beautiful single family home visit our website HERE to see our current available homes in Craven and Carteret counties, as well as our current and upcoming communities or for more information on our On Your Lot program. Contact us if you have any questions and Happy Fall Ya’ll!!